With the new year comes new features and an exciting roadmap ahead. We’re just in the process of launching a major new workflow and review feature that will allow you to set approval workflows and review dates for policies.
Process & Infrastructure changes
Starting Q2 2014 we will be moving to scheduled monthly releases with the exception of urgent bug-fixes. This is following feedback that organisations would like good forward notice to communicate new features and improvements.
In addition to this we have further invested in infrastructure and are expecting to see some significant performance gains in the coming weeks.
- Document visibility: Historically when you published a piece of content you would need to make it live via a settings tab. All new documents will now automatically default to being published automatically.
- Settings tab on content editors: This has now been removed in favour of placing visibility controls on the ‘Edit’ page of content. In addition visibility states have been renamed to ‘Live’ and ‘Private’ to avoid confusion with document publishing.
- Content approval workflows: We have finished the first version of our policy approval workflow for a piece of content and/or a content category. The new system allows you to set-up multiple policy approval workflows and had detailed audit logs.
- Content review dates: All content can now be set a review date which will alert the editors of that content that the document should be reviewed.
- Document printing: A print button has been added to documents with improved formatting for printing/PDF’ing.
- Content discovery upgrades (planned): Following recent research and feedback with users we have developed plans to improve how users are able to search and find content. These upgrades have a planned release for Q2.
That’s all for now. We hope you’re not too cold and like us looking forwards to spring!